Your Guide to Semaglutide Injections for Weight Loss in Albuquerque
More than half of the global population (52%), are actively trying to lose weight, and the thing is, only 20% of people that are considered to be “overweight” are successful in losing additional weight and actually keeping it off.
Weight loss isn’t as simple as it may sound, and this leaves many people wondering what alternatives there are that could help simplify their weight loss journey.
If you are an Albuquerque resident struggling to lose weight, look no further than Semaglutide injections.
Semaglutide is an FDA-approved medication that suppresses appetite and promotes weight loss by mimicking a hormone in the body called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that regulates appetite and food intake.
This incretin hormone triggers insulin release and slows down how fast your stomach empties food, making you feel fuller for longer, eat less, and lose weight without the need for a strict diet.
Initially approved for controlling blood sugar in Type 2 diabetes patients, Semaglutide was later approved at a higher dose for weight loss in qualified adults.
If you have a BMI greater than or equal to 30 or a BMI of 27 with weight-related conditions such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or Type 2 diabetes, you may be a candidate for Semaglutide weight loss injections.
In clinical trials, most recipients of Semaglutide lost 10% of their body weight, with more than half reducing their weight by 15%. Along with weight loss, Semaglutide offers other health benefits, such as reducing blood sugar levels, suppressing appetite, enhancing insulin synthesis and secretion, and promoting a sensation of fullness in the brain.
However, it is essential to be aware of the possible side effects when taking Semaglutide injections, with gastrointestinal (GI) side effects such as nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, and stomach pain being most common, especially after increasing your dose.
You might have heard about Semaglutide as a reliable option for both losing weight and managing it, and if you have, are you wanting to learn more about this efficient weight loss solution in Albuquerque?
This medication is a GLP-1 receptor agonist that has been shown to promote weight loss by reducing appetite and increasing feelings of fullness.
Essentially, if you’re eligible for the medication, it’s a safe and innovative way to control cravings and manage chronic weight gain. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide to using Semaglutide for weight loss in Albuquerque to help you learn more about the medication, if you’re a good candidate for it, and its benefits.
Don’t miss out on your free consultation
How to Use Semaglutide for Weight Loss
Semaglutide for weight loss is administered through subcutaneous injection, and you will be instructed on how to prepare and administer the medication. Here’s what you need to know:
Follow the dosage instructions provided on the prescription label and take the medication once every week, unless directed otherwise by your care team.
- Keep in mind that this medication comes with INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE.
- Ask your pharmacist for directions on how to use this medication.
- Read the information carefully and talk to your pharmacist or care team if you have questions.
If you miss a dose, take the missed dose as soon as possible. For Ozempic in particular, you want to try to take the missed dose as soon as you can within 5 days after the missed dose. If you miss the dose past that 5-day mark, you would just need to skip the dose that you missed and proceed with your initial dosing schedule. For Wegovy specifically, if you miss your dose for 2 weeks or more, take the next dose at your regular time or call your care team to talk about how to restart this medication.
What to Watch For While Using Semaglutide for Weight Loss
Here are some things to keep in mind while using semaglutide for weight loss:
- Visit your care team for regular checks on your progress. It may be some time before you see the benefit of this medication.
- Drink plenty of fluids while taking this medication. Check with your care team if you have severe diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting, or if you sweat a lot. The loss of too much body fluid may make it dangerous for you to take this medication.
- This medication may affect blood sugar levels. Ask your care team if changes in diet or medications are needed if you have diabetes.
- If you or your family notice any changes in your behavior, such as new or worsening depression, thoughts of harming yourself, anxiety, other unusual or disturbing thoughts, or memory loss, call your care team right away.
Women should inform their care team if they wish to become pregnant or think they might be pregnant. Losing weight while pregnant is not advised and may cause harm to the unborn child. Talk to your care team for more information.
Take advantage of our free consultation
Possible Side Effects of Semaglutide for Weight Loss
Like all medications, semaglutide may cause side effects. Here are some that you should report to your care team as soon as possible:
- Allergic reactions—skin rash, itching, hives, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat
- Change in vision
- Dehydration—increased thirst, dry mouth, feeling faint or lightheaded, headache, dark yellow or brown urine
- Gallbladder problems—severe stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, fever
- Heart palpitations—rapid, pounding, or irregular heartbeat
- Kidney injury—decrease in the amount of urine output, swelling of the ankles, hands, or feet
- Pancreatitis—severe stomach pain that spreads to your back or gets worse after eating or when touched, fever, nausea, vomiting
- Thoughts of suicide or self-harm, worsening mood, feelings of depression
- Thyroid cancer—new mass or lump in the neck, pain or trouble swallowing, trouble breathing, hoarseness
Additionally, some side effects of semaglutide for weight loss that usually do not require medical attention include:
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
If you experience any of these symptoms, they usually only take a few weeks to subside. However, although rare, pay close attention to any signs of more severe side effects such as pancreatitis or allergic reactions so that you know when to seek medical attention.
How to Properly Store Semaglutide for Weight Loss
Proper storage is important to ensure the safety of semaglutide for weight loss. Here’s how to store it correctly:
- Store in the refrigerator
- Do not freeze
- Keep this medication in the original container until you are ready to take it
- Get rid of any unused medication after the expiration date
- If needed, prior to cap removal, the pen can be stored at room temperature for up to 28 days
- Protect from light
- If it is stored at room temperature, get rid of any unused medication after 28 days or after it expires, whichever is first if Wegovy is being used or 56 days for Ozempic
To specify, with Ozempic, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 56 days and the timeframe is the same if you decide to store it at room temperature. This will be different for Wegovy and should be kept no longer than 28 days if kept in the refrigerator or stored at room temperature. It’s important to note that once you no longer need semaglutide or it has expired, you should properly dispose of it. You can take the medication to a medication take-back program or follow the directions in the provided MedGuide.
If you have any questions or concerns about using, storing, or disposing of semaglutide for weight loss, don’t hesitate to reach out to your care team or pharmacist for guidance.
Schedule your no-cost consultation today
Book Your FREE Consultation Today!
If you were looking for a solution for safe weight loss, semaglutide may be the answer. At the Injection and Infusion Clinic ABQ, we offer a range of weight loss solutions, including semaglutide, to help you achieve your goals and have an easier time maintaining your results compared to traditional weight loss methods. If you’re interested in exploring whether semaglutide, also known as, Ozempic, may be right for you, contact us to book a free consultation today.
Our team of healthcare professionals in ABQ is dedicated to helping you achieve your weight loss goals safely with the long-term in mind. We understand that weight loss can be a complex journey, and we’re here to provide the support and guidance you need to succeed.