ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.–How long have you been trying to lose weight? New Mexico statistics show obesity surged from 26% to 35.2% among 18 to 44-year-old women from 2013 to 2019. Adults 35 and above are at greater risk of becoming obese than younger age groups.
You may be one among the 27.3% of New Mexicans in Bernalillo who are overweight. However, don’t let your struggle with weight loss become a midlife crisis.
Proper diet and exercise are effective in weight management. And, there are other methods to help in decreasing your weight. For example, methionine, inositol, and choline (MIC) injections have been used to break down fat.
Here’s why people love MIC:
- The Components of Lipotropic or MIC injections
- The Benefits of MIC injections?
- MIC injections in Relation to Weight Loss
- Potential Weight Loss Results and MIC injections?
- Candidates for MIC injections
- Side Effects of MIC injections
- Cost of MIC injections
What Are Lipotropic or MIC Injections?
Lipotropic injections contain substances that help get rid of fats in the liver. It contributes to reducing fat production.
Clinical studies reveal lipotropic agents have other beneficial functions. It lowers cholesterol and lowers blood sugar levels. In addition, it has antioxidant and anti-cancer properties. Examples of lipotropic agents are vitamin B12, methionine, inositol, and choline or MIC.
- Vitamin B12: It plays a role in maintaining healthy nerve cells. It helps in RNA and DNA production, which are the building blocks of the body. Vitamin B12 is also known to boost energy. Vitamin B12 breaks down carbohydrates, fats, and proteins as a lipotropic agent.
- Methionine: It’s an amino acid that prevents fat build-up and removes it from the liver. It serves as an antioxidant as it eliminates heavy metals from the body. Similar to vitamin B12, it aids in relieving fatigue.
- Inositol: It’s referred to as vitamin B8. Inositol is not a vitamin but a kind of sugar. It doesn’t dissolve fats; instead, it regulates your insulin and hormone levels. As a mild lipotropic agent, it breaks down fats and redistributes them in the body. At the same time, it reduces low-density lipoprotein or bad cholesterol.
- Choline: Choline is referred to as vitamin B4. Like inositol, choline is not a vitamin but a nutrient. It speeds up metabolism and helps the body burn fat that keeps the liver healthy.
Other lipotropic agents support weight loss. Some include vitamins B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (niacin), B5 (pantothenic acid), B6 (pyridoxine), L-carnitine, and Leucine.
Are you suffering from PCOS? Alleviate your symptoms. Here’s how.
What Are the Benefits of MIC Injections?
- Enhanced liver health
MIC injections aid in removing fat and bile or toxins from your liver. As a result, your liver efficiently metabolizes fat. It also reduces fat deposits.
- Better heart health
Your heart functions better as fat is removed from your body. This process leads to improved blood flow throughout the body.
- Increased energy
MIC injections with vitamin B12 help maintain or rev up your energy levels. It’s most beneficial for people who are vitamin B12 deficient.
- Enhanced mood
Inositol in MIC injections stabilizes your mood and reduces hunger pangs. Moreover, as your energy increases, you get to exercise and do your daily activities. As a result, you won’t feel sluggish, and your mood improves.
- Fast-acting and optimal effect
MIC supplements are taken orally. It passes through the digestive system before it gets absorbed by your body. In contrast, MIC injections go directly to your bloodstream and cells. As a result, it works quicker than oral supplements.
Do MIC Injections Help With Weight Loss?
The liver breaks down fats or what is called fat metabolism. Once the unhealthy fats are broken down, the liver gets rid of them, along with toxins. MIC injections aid the liver in the process of fat metabolism. As a result, you lose fat and weight.
MIC injections have been used in weight loss management for over 30 years. It complements strategies like a low-calorie diet and exercise. They are considered safe under the supervision of a medical practitioner.
You cannot get MIC injections solely for weight loss without a proper weight loss plan. So, it’s best to consult us if you intend to use it. Unfortunately, studies on the efficacy and safety of lipotropic injections are scarce. Two studies have shed light on its fat-burning effect.
First, a study shows three modalities resulting in faster fat mass and weight loss among women with polycystic ovarian syndrome. These three modalities are a combination of diet, myoinositol, and d-chiro-inositol. More studies have yet to be conducted to validate the efficacy of inositol.
Second, a study on rats shows plant-based foods as sources of lipotropes. The researchers identified plant lipotropes, including methionine, myoinositol, and choline. The rats, though, were not tested with lipotropic injections.
More studies need to validate the effectiveness and safety of MIC injections. It comprises various ingredients, which individually may play a role in metabolizing fats. However, the combination of MIC ingredients may provide synergistic benefits based on studies.
What you need is more energy! Rev it up with B12 shots.
How Much Weight Can I Lose With MIC Injections?
Every person trying to lose weight has a goal. For instance, people who used MIC injections reported losing about two to four pounds a week. Here is an example of dosage, frequency, and route of administration to achieve your weight loss goal.
- Dosage: The dosage depends on the formulation and recommendation of a medical practitioner. For instance, the Injection and Infusion Clinic offers Lipostat/MIC doses of 1, 2, and 3 cc.
- Frequency: Frequency may vary depending on the formulation. However, we recommend MIC injections two to three times in the first week. The following shots are spaced out for the coming weeks.
- Administration: MIC may be injected into the arm. Or it can be administered in fatty parts of the body, like the abdomen, buttocks, or thigh.
It may take up to three weeks to see the results as MIC continues to burn fats. We also recommend combining it with vitamin B12 to improve your energy.
MIC injections provide temporary weight loss. At best, modifying your behavior and lifestyle can be a daunting task. You can achieve excellent results by following a healthy lifestyle. It includes eating a proper diet, daily exercise, and avoiding crash diets or vices.
Who Are Candidates for MIC Injections?
Like other infusion therapies and medications, MIC injections are not for everyone. It’s best to consult us to see if you can take the shot. For starters, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have a heart-related disorder?
- Do I take medications for my anxiety or depression?
- Am I taking a cough suppressant?
- Am I taking St. John’s wort?
- Am I pregnant?
- Am I lactating?
MIC injections are contraindicated for people with cardiovascular problems. At the same time, it aggravates the manic symptoms of people with bipolar disorder.
It may interact with a dextromethorphan cough suppressant and St. John’s wort herbal supplement. Taking these substances along with MIC injections may increase your risk of serotonin syndrome. It’s a condition when you experience shivering, muscle rigidity, diarrhea, fever, and seizures.
Excess methionine can lead to pregnancy and fetal problems. Examples are miscarriage and high blood pressure during pregnancy. The same goes for too low or too high choline. It can negatively affect a baby’s health and development in the womb. In addition, high doses of D-chiro-inositol may affect female fertility.
So, if you answered “yes” to any of the questions, you can talk to us about weight loss alternatives and management.
Talk to us about your weight loss struggle today.
What Are the Side Effects of MIC Injections?
Studies have yet to determine the potential side effects of lipotropic injections. But like any other drug, the side effects may differ for every person.
The potential side effects of lipotropic injections may include:
- Allergic reactions like rashes and shortness of breath
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Increased heart rate
- Numbness of feet and hands
- Pain at the injection site
- Trouble sleeping
MIC injections are generally safe since we customize them for every client. In addition, we are trained and licensed to administer it in our clinic.
How Much Do MIC Injections Cost?
Prices vary from one clinic to another. It depends on the formulation and dosage. Price ranges from $20 to $75, and some clinics offer discounts for packages. However, you also have to consider that formulations vary from one clinic to another.
It may or may not be covered by insurance. We suggest you ask your insurance provider for details. If you are on a tight budget, we offer fat burner injections for as low as $23 only.
Where Is the MIC Injection Near Me?
You can’t buy MIC injections straight from the pharmacy. It’s a compounded substance that needs a prescription from a medical practitioner. And it has to be administered by a trained medical professional.
If you’re interested in finding a location to speak with a practitioner about personalized dosage and formulation for MIC injections.
People that are categorized as obese, or that struggle with fluctuation of their weight may worry they’d never reach an average weight. So they sometimes opt for surgery. Added to the worry is the burden of medical expenses. Unlike liposuction surgery, though, MIC is less invasive and far affordable.
Moreover, MIC shots are not intended to replace any weight loss regimen. It’s not a stand-alone, one-time, and fix-all solution to obesity. We advise proper diet, exercise, and lifestyle modification to go with it.
MIC injections have many benefits as an adjunct to weight loss modalities. It helps speed up metabolism, elimination, and storage of fats in the liver. Side effects are rare, but it’s best to consult us to discuss your weight loss plan and therapy.